iPad for Reading and Gaming .... worth the wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zelnaga, Feb 11, 2011.

  1. Zelnaga macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    #1
    Hi guys, Im thinking of getting an iPad when I next go to Hong Kong. They seem to go about £330 there when in the UK theyre £439, or even get it off ebay. But with the next update coming soon, thatd likely drive the price of the original iPad down? (looking for a 16GB or 32GB wifi only). Only thing Ill be doing is having games on the big screen (Final Fantasy etc ...) and reading quite a bit and browsing. Not too bothered about the camera etc .... But with the internal hardware update (which could increase performance games wise) .... im caught in two minds at the moment.
     
  2. Donny Jepp macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    #2
    Regardless of what we say, you're going to make up your own mind on your own terms anyway.
     
  3. JimmyTheKnife macrumors member

    JimmyTheKnife

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Location:
    Oregon, USA
  4. Branskins macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2008
    #5
    Wait. With the rumors of a dual core processor and dual core graphics on the A5, this would be right up your alley for gaming.

    You might regret it when new games come out that either don't work on the first iPad or are extremely slow!
     
  5. Piggie macrumors 604

    Piggie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    #6
    Think logically about this.

    The only ONLY reason not to buy now is due to a financial loss if you wish to sell it when the iPad2 comes out and you want to upgrade.

    If you can buy one cheap enough, then buy one now. Then you will probably have very very little loss if you select to sell it in 10 weeks time.

    You may also feel the iPad2 is not enough different to warrant selling your current one anyway.

    If you were buying full price I'd say no.
    You will lose probably £100 to £200 for the sake of waiting 10 weeks.

    If you can buy it at the price you say, and also decide to sell then you may only lose £50 for owning it those 10 weeks.

    Personally I'd wait either way, 10 weeks is not long.
     
  6. Gryzor macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #7
    Anybody who bought an iPad and who says the iPad 2 is not different enough to warrant exchanging is just kidding themselves.

    I agree that waiting though is the best move, and no, we don't need other members coming along and saying stupid things like, "Why not wait for iPad 3, or iPad 4 then"...use some common sense.
     
  7. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #8
    Buy now, the changes are not worth depriving you of a great device
     
  8. Branskins macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2008
    #9
    Except when games start using the dual core chips. Or when the new display makes reading eBooks better? The new screen lamination process done to the iPhone 4 might offer a nice improvement in screen clarity.
     

Share This Page