Ipad for school?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supermac96, Dec 9, 2010.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

Ok, so I need a computer, laptop type thing for school. I think an Ipad would be really nice becasue its cheap and has touchscreen and apps and such. do you think it would be a good chuice for school? also is there a typing program, cause that would be the main thing?

2. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I can tell from your spelling you need school! Back on the subject I think the iPad would be good for light usage but if you need something with a USB or heavy usage you may want to stay away from the iPad. It all depends what you need.

3. PoisonScorpion macrumors member

We like to avoid redundancy. But let me comment.

I am a high school student that owns an iPad. I never take it to class but I often use it for studying or assignments. It's a great little tablet and I recommend it for anyone.

4. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Colllege Kid says YES!

Use it all the time. All eyes on me.

5. pfeifer80 macrumors newbie

I'm a 4th year collage student and I can say with 100% certainty that you are going to want and need a laptop for most of your classes and assignments. I have a 13" MacBook Pro that I use all day in class and for typing out all my papers. That being said I do use my iPad extensively as a ebook reader. I have the majority of my textbooks and online readings on it. It is much nicer to carry one device instead of multiple textbooks and it's much easier on the eyes than the MacBook screen.

6. TomCondon macrumors regular

what course you doing man?

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Apparently you didn't follow the link / understand what Mroogle actually does. Try again.

Solving your own problems is always the preferred method, and not just online.

8. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

I think it would be great if you got the Zagg Mate with Keyboard case with the iPad. Really awesome case and I think it would help immensely with note-taking. I don't think it would be easy to take notes with the virtual keyboard.

9. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Apparently, not English. :D I made a collage once when I was in college. :p

10. SmokeyRobinson macrumors regular

I can't imagine using an iPad for college.

Get a laptop and Office with One Note. iPads at school are for attention whores who value people thinking theyre a douche more than getting something done.

11. ScaryMerry macrumors member

ScaryMerry

Woah, someone had their BitterPuffs this morning. My main laptop has actually been on the fritz, so I've written like five papers on my iPad. It actually was a pleasant experience and I plan on using the device for notes next semester, as well as textbooks. I have 12 required textbooks for next semester, so buying them in ebook form aught to save me a lot of money. Also, this past semester, I had a couple of professors that assigned lengthy pdfs for class readings all the time. My iPad saved me a bundle in ink/paper/print dollars.

12. SmokeyRobinson macrumors regular

I dont even like typing a URL into an iPad :rolleyes: