iPad for streamlining communication

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spiderman0616, Sep 7, 2011.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

So I've been thinking:

In recent years, we have eliminated our land line in favor of our cell phones. Last year we decided to ditch our cable bill and get all of our TV via Roku boxes and the antenna. It feels great to simplify our house and decrease the amount of "stuff" we need in our house. (haven't missed cable or the landline yet)

So now I'm thinking about iMessage and what it could mean for iPad. I'm not a big phone person, so our minutes usually go to waste every month. I do text a lot, but a lot of the people I text are on iPhones, so that's where iMessage would work. Any other texting could be done over google or Facebook messengers. Voice calls could be done via Skype if I loaded my account up with minutes. (just wondering if Bluetooth works on Skype)

In the end I think it would be cool for me, but maybe kind of annoying for people trying to get in touch with me. Any opinions. I'm only kind of half considering this right now, but the rumors about an iPod 3G got my wheels turning.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I see where you're going with this, but I don't think it would be wise to get rid of your cell phone.

3. spiderman0616 thread starter macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I don't think I could. I have two kids and I just don't think we are there yet. But I do believe these ridiculous cell plans will go away someday and that more converging will happen. An iPod touch 3G would definitely be a big step in that direction.