iPad Forum visitor numbers

Martyimac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
For the first time since the New iPad release, the number of visitors to the iPad forum has dropped lower than the number of folks on the iphone forums. This is based purely on the viewing counts when you get to the list of forums. Just a completely unscientific, non repeatable observation, but interesting none the less. Tells me the fanfare over the release of the new iPad is starting to die down.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Perhaps because most of the "OMG! My iPad Has Shipped!" threads are now irrelevant?
This. A lot of people found MacRumors by Googling something similar to "new iPad shipping location" or something... signed up, posted too much about their UPS status, received their iPad.. and went back to their Windows Vista pc.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
For the first time since the New iPad release, the number of visitors to the iPad forum has dropped lower than the number of folks on the iphone forums. This is based purely on the viewing counts when you get to the list of forums. Just a completely unscientific, non repeatable observation, but interesting none the less. Tells me the fanfare over the release of the new iPad is starting to die down.
So for all you know this may have happened several days ago at a time when you weren't on the forums or even when you were on the forums but didn't notice? Those numbers are completely meaningless the way you are trying to analyze them.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
This. A lot of people found MacRumors by Googling something similar to "new iPad shipping location" or something... signed up, posted too much about their UPS status, received their iPad.. and went back to their Windows Vista pc.
Hey! I use a home-built Windows 7 machine. :D

Martyimac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
So for all you know this may have happened several days ago at a time when you weren't on the forums or even when you were on the forums but didn't notice? Those numbers are completely meaningless the way you are trying to analyze them.
Analyze? Not analyzing, observing. And please note, or reread my post. I know it was not scientific, not repeatable, etc etc etc. Just a point in time observation.
But thank you for your post. ;)

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
it's because those "iPhone" people are crazy!! We at the "iPad" side of things are not as crazy. :p