iPad Forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by saberahul, Jul 12, 2011.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

Can we please take care of the "should i wait..." threads? I and am sure others go to find information and actually help with problems. Few months ago Mods would simply move these threads but now it seems nothing is being done. Just my 2¢.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Suggest to the mods via the report feature that threads should be merged. I've done that in the past with varying degrees of success.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Crackdown!

Actually what the iPad forum really needs is the crackdown and dismemberment that the console forum got a few years back due to all the fanboy pissing contests between brand a and brand b. It seems every other post on the ipad forum results in a war of brand loyalty rather than intellectual discussion or meaningful contemplation between individuals.

I would suggest the same treatment for the ipad forum crowd as you introduced to deal with the console forum (remove post count's for users, more moderation and putative treatment when it is needed).

You should also re-instate post count for console forum, which has for a long while towed the line as continued penalization whilst other sections seemingly run riot is bias and unfair.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If you're posting just to +1 your post count, well ... you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Not getting a +1 shouldn't matter or deter people from posting.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Whilst I do agree it's not about just posting for post count sake and it is the content that is important, the reality is there is a post count, for your argument to truly have merit should it not suggest we do away with them entirely then?

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I'm not attached to post counts. I understand that they are necessary for things like PRSI/Marketplace access and avatars, but I don't really pay much attention to them.

If the higher-ups decide to do away with them, it's okay by me. If they stick around, that's okay too!