iPad from Hong Kong changed to english?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by llorona19, Apr 19, 2012.

1. llorona19 macrumors newbie

I have been looking to buy a used iPad and I found someone who said they bought an iPad from Hong Kong and everything is in chinese. Does anyone know is this is permanent since it was meant for use there or can the language be changed? Please if you do not know for sure don't answer, I know it seems like a simple "change the language" answer but sometimes it isn't when it is bought from other places. Only someone who has one or experienced this please, thanks!

2. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Yes, all iOS Devices will have an English setting. Infact the iPad bought in Hong Kong should have been set to default: English since even their apple website is in English, and not Chinese. I bought an iPod Touch last year from an electronical store called Broadway and it was set to English during set up.

Here's a guide to change language it will be the same for your iPad :)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2371

3. llorona19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wonderful, thank you! I thought there should be a language setting on all of them anyway but I wasn't for sure if things would be different or not, thanks for clearing that up for me!