iPad from USA to Europe?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jakobben, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Jakobben macrumors newbie

Ok, so I can't wait to get my first tablet (iPad 2), but since I live in Denmark (Europe) where we didn't get the first iPad until november 2010, I probably have to get it from USA.

My aunt lives in New Mexico, so I was thinking to order it to her address, and have her bring it/ship it to me. My only question is if there might be any difficulties using it in Denmark? Syncing, danish keyboard (we have three extra letters: æ, ø and å) etc.

Since we have the first iPad which has a danish OS I don't expect to have any troubles, but I might be wrong...?

Best regards, and thank you!

Btw. I'm getting the wifi only model.

2. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I never had any problems enabling foreign language keyboards on my US based device, however with a simulcast rumored in london this might be a simultanious US/Europe (at least western Europe) launch.

Even if it's not you won't have any issues except your country may not have had it's version of the FCC (not sure if it's just Denmark or EU wide now) approve the device, but that wouldn't hinder it's use.

EDIT:: I believe gov't approval is only for 3G devices, so WiFi only you should be fine. Keyboards can be enabled in the settings and of course if you jailbreak you'll have a multitude of other options