iPad games

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by iOSWriter, Sep 18, 2011.

1. iOSWriter macrumors newbie

Why is it everyone ever refers to iPad gaming they call them iPhone games? Why cant iPad gets its own app store and its own games rather than just iPhone games? I mean look at this thread:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444888&page=10

They all just talk about iphone games and how their smalls creen is inferior and their fingers cover it, but why dont they mention the experience on the iPad or iPad games?

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The iPad does have its own games. A lot of them are ported from the iPhone, but they are none-the-less iPad specific apps. They won't run on, or even install to, an iPhone.

Some people think the iPad literally is just an "oversized iPod touch". Others may just feel it can't be compared to handhelds because of its size (I'm not saying their wrong).

3. iHoops macrumors newbie

app store

I would like to see a big fat button that says "Native iPad App"! Just wasted my money on AngryBirds Seasons (not a native iPad App) just to find out that there is an AngryBirds RIO HD.

BTW: Why are iPad-Apps more expensive anyway. It's not that they are "heavier", are they?:confused:

4. mongeta macrumors newbie

Maybe because the iPad user base is lower than iPhone user base, they want to earn the same with fewer sales...

5. iHoops macrumors newbie

Well I guess thats about to change very soon :D

6. dabiggie macrumors newbie

Well new iPhone will be released soon so maybe it won't change... :)

7. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I think that one is your own problem - when I search the app store for "angry birds," Seasons HD is the first game listed under iPad apps, not sure why you bought the iPhone version.

iPad apps tend to have more elaborate interfaces and require larger/more artwork; I assume the higher prices are a mix of actually taking longer to design and "because we can."