ipad gestures on ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by L2gbrian, Apr 9, 2011.

1. L2gbrian macrumors member

ipad gestures on ipad 2 is pretty cool I must say I really enjoy and think that it should be standard on the ipads hopefully for future models and future ios they add this its awesome!!! I downloaded it from the Mac dev center and installed it very easy I must say

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

In the time it took you to type "What gestures exactly?? :confused:", you could have just googled it.

4. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I love it too. Also it solves the "multitaking is lame on iOS" problem easily. It's so fast and convenient to use the 4-finger gesture to scroll to the next app.

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I found a bug. If you open a YouTube video from safari and it takes you to the youtube app. After watching the video use the 4 finger swipe to get back to safari and the tabs/pages are froze till you close and reopen safari.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

This happened to me before I had gestures enabled.

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Oh ok kool. I hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks. :)

8. HardLuckStories macrumors regular

Just tried this with 3.2.5 and it worked, the results are simply awesome i'm wondering why this wasn't included?

Use gestures all the time in osx, this just makes sense and is very intuitive.

9. Lumpydog macrumors 6502

There are so many of you out there that it's almost exhausting. The "use google" guy. We get it, you're smart. We're dumb. But sometimes people like to talk, ask and interact. 90% of these threads could be solved via google. But - we would never have the conversations that are these forums.

Just join the conversation - making people feel badly for asking serves no one.

10. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I think there are still some rough edges around and more importantly, what happens to the apps that do use 4 and 5 finger gestures?

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wasn't trying to make anyone feel dumb or bad, just pointing out the hard fact that typing out the question took longer than typing "ipad gestures" into google.

I discovered gestures here, but there was little in the way of definitive instructions on how to get it working, beyond "install Xcode", so all these helpful conversations weren't all that helpful anyhow.

12. bmat macrumors 6502

I rarely use my home button at all anymore. The best is being able to swipe up and being able to see the open programs.

13. crobbins macrumors 6502

These gestures have dramatically increased my iPad usage. I'm not entirely sure why, but I use the iPad way more now because of them. It makes everything so much faster. I don't think I've actually used the home button on my iPad 2 yet..