iPad gestures

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tmanto02, Sep 7, 2012.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Hey guys,

Just bought my first iPad and it's awesome, however I was shocked to discover safari doesn't support two finger back/forward gestures like in lion/ml. Is this a feature coming with ios6?

Honestly I can't understand why the iPad doesn't use it already

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i know me too, i love all the other gestures they have. i use the 4 finger swipe to activate the app switcher, alllll the time.

3. adamlee macrumors newbie

Maybe apple doesn't want people to swipe with two fingers accidentally and switch screens by mistake?

4. timsutcliffe macrumors 6502

I'd like that too, it's really nice on the Mac. I guess there must be a reason why they haven't done it but I can't think what it is.

5. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Support, I never use 2 fingers to swipe in safari.

6. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Then you're missing out! Makes everything so much easier.

7. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

I meant in iPad, seeing as this is an iPad forum I thought that would be assumed o_O. Or is there something other than the rubber band animation I am missing out on when swiping with 2 fingers?

8. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

I was suggesting that they introduce 2 finger back/forward gesture like in Mac OS sorry if I wasn't clear

9. Agent-P, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I completely agree that this needs to be a feature on the iPad. I use it all the time on my MBP and it's just so convenient . Maybe I'll look around for a jailbreak tweak that will enable it.

EDIT: I found a cydia tweak called "Swipe Safari". It costs $3, but it does what we're asking for plus a whole bunch more. If you're jailbroken, this could be an option for you (or anyone else who wants this option). I'm liking it so far. Works pretty well. Though the only features I've tried are the two finger back/forward and the full screen toggle.

10. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Yeah looks good thanks! However I don't want to jailbreak my iPad, I did my phone a few months ago, it was fun however the regular freezing was not worth it I think