iPad gestures?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by TheColtr, Jun 4, 2018.

1. TheColtr macrumors 6502

The new gestures on the iPad prove a home button-less iPad is coming. Every gesture from the X is there.

Also the status bar is tripping me out.

2. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

3. profets macrumors 601

Very strange. But exactly like iPhone X gestures.

The status bar is split too:

C2086B7A-F072-427F-B7AE-89ECFC988430.jpeg

4. ediks macrumors regular

looks like it works like on the iphone X , kinda cool

5. profets macrumors 601

For multitasking the 4 finger swipe feels a bit awkward. But from watching that video I notice you can do a single finger slide from the bottom of the screen, just like the iPhone X.

Any quick slide up invokes the home button action.

A slow and controlled slide up from bottom bezel will bring up just the dock.

I kind of like control centre in the top right.

6. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

I don't like the control centre from the top right. They should've kept it in the multitasking area. It's more natural to swipe up from the bottom and not reach for the top.

7. Mr. 123 macrumors regular

Well this confirms the notch iPad. I actually like that control centre is separate from the app switcher because it’s a bit awkward to leave the app if you just want to adjust brightness or volume etc. Can the control Center be opened when in an app without leaving the app?

It’s too bad that the swipe up from the bottom gesture doesn’t still open the app switcher because that always felt very natural.

8. Appleaker macrumors 68020

Doesn’t confirm a notch, I strongly believe we won’t see a notch on this years iPad Pros. It is a consistency change, in part due to the fact that control centre now has to be accessed from the top right, so if the gestures follow the same rules as the iPhone X, it would be confusing for the UI not to.

Yes, the control centre can be accessed without leaving the app, which also makes it much faster to access. The swipe up still brings up the app switcher, you simply have to swipe up a little slower to access it, in a similar fashion to the iPhone X.

9. Octavius8 macrumors member

Octavius8

The Ipad is not giant IPhone, the interaction can be similar but not all gestures that work in a small screen must be expected to work on a bigger screen. Poor design choices.