iPad Getting Notifications from iPhone Phone Calls and Texts

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by TheiPodPerson, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TheiPodPerson macrumors newbie

My mom has an iPad (that is on my Apple ID) with iOS 6 freshly installed on it. But now every time I get a phone call or text on my iPhone she gets a notification with what it says and who its from. My question is, is how I stop it?

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I think you'll have to turn it off in notifications.

3. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Go to settings - Messages - turn iMessage off.

4. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

This is going to be a huge privacy issue for many users! IMessage was sending duplicate texts to my other IPhone, but not the other way around.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

iMessage in iOS 6 is a joke. The simple fix of separate Apple ID for iMessage for each device and 1 main apple id for all your iTunes/apps purchases is no longer Easy. Spent too much time ensuring devices were only able to receive messages intended for them. Makes no sense that Apple would think people with 2 iPhones ( husband and wife) and an iPad and iMac would want any message sent to one device to go to all of them.

More annoying than useful at this point.

6. big samm macrumors 65816

Wow that's exactly what i wanna do with my iphone 5 and ipad 4G... I never get the message on the ipad only on my phone.

7. bslick macrumors newbie

Go to settings > messages > send & receive on your iPhone and see if both your email and phone number are linked to iMessage. Uncheck or remove your email if it is and go to the ipad and do the same by adding your moms email and unchecking or removing your email. That way she can use imessage herself through her email on the ipad if she wants or just turn it off. I'm assuming your email address is linking both your iPhone and ipad, so you can remove that link.