iPad Gmail help

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cgm707, Feb 6, 2013.

1. cgm707 macrumors member

When I use my MacBook, the Gmail emails I deleted on my ipad still show up. Could someone help with this?

Thanks.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to log into the Apple support forums. Their security hoops are ridiculous. I just reset my password because Apple kept telling me my user ID or password was wrong. Even after resetting and changing everything, Apple won't let me log in. I am asked to pick a new ID, but can't go further because apple says only one ID per email can be used!

2. DyslexicKobe macrumors newbie

Ipad Gmail help

So basically whats going on is that your gmail is archiving these messages. Basically to stop that from happening this is what you need to do.

Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> And make sure your gmail is already set up

If it isnt, add the account

If it is tap on the gmail account It should pull up a page with your account email then mail on calendars and notes on--if thats what you have turned on or off doesnt matter as long as mail is turned on

Tap on where it says account and your email

Will bring you to another page and choose ADVANCED

Then youll see an option :DELETED MAILBOX

Tap on deleted mailbox and make sure Trash under :On the server is checked and not Trash on my iPhone

-By doing these steps, when you delete something on your iPhone from your gmail it will also update gmail and macbook.

Email me with further questions.

3. cgm707 thread starter macrumors member

Ipad gmail help

Everything in settings is already correct, but the problem remains.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Any thing else I can try?

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

LOL!! Sorry, just made me laugh...

I have the same thing happening to me, I read an email on my iPad and my computer shows it is still unread.

5. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

This is exactly why I ditched the Mail app and got the GMail app from the appstore. Way better and it deletes emails on my phone, computer, and everything else.