iPad goes black after being idle

Discussion in 'iPad' started by martosprint, May 13, 2012.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

I have the new iPad and when I am using it and after a period of inactivity the screen goes black. If I touch the screen immediately after it goes black the screen comes back up. However if I wait a few minutes and tap the screen it doesn't come back up and I have to hit the home button to revive the screen and it goes to desktop. Is there a setting to keep it from going to sleep? I looked in settings but could not find a way to keep the screen from going black.
    thanks for a reply.

2. blue43fan macrumors regular

You can prevent the iPad from going to sleep by opening Settings, General and setting Auto-Lock to Never. Be warned, though, that keeping the screen on constantly will drain the battery quickly.

3. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Is this your first smart device?

It's the auto lock feature as said above, you can set it to different lengths but the dimming function is a warning it's going to lock.

4. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay guys, thanks for the answers. I didn't realize the settings for it were in the auto lock. I also have the iPad original and it still works good and in the settings for this iPad was set to never, but the iPad 3 wasn't, so all is well now and thanks for the responses. 