All iPads iPad going slow to fast

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dragje, Jan 20, 2013.

1. dragje, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013

dragje macrumors 6502a

dragje

My iPad is not even one year old and it already start to get act slow after couple of iOSX updates. I had bought the iPad previous version, one before the last version which is twice as fast, as they say.

I understand computers, in general, tend to run slower after several OS updates and due higher demand of the software trying to take advantage of the new technologies. I understand that the 'old' hardware has to 'run' harder to keep up with the new technology. All that I do understand and I think that's reasonable. But when spending hundreds of euro's on a device, something close to 800 euro's, makes me think that your expensive device should be running reasonable fast for some years to come until it shows signs of deterioration....
    I'm not stating the unreasonable here, I don't expect my iPad device to be able to run the latest games as fast new iPad devices do, but as simple to open and close a map without delay isn't to much to ask.

Just my humble opinion....

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I assume you are referring to the ipad3? It shouldn't be slow...Try a complete restore from Itunes.

3. dragje thread starter macrumors 6502a

dragje

Thanks for your reply. I already did that, same issues. Not always by the way, it sometimes occur when I open a map, it slides open but with a hick-up so to speak. Also tapping in the address bar sometimes in my safari browser sometimes ends up that nothing happens... I tap several times the address bar after nothing has happened and suddenly I'm able to type in something. But this last events occurs not very often.

If it was as simple as restoring everything I could be at ease with it, but it seems to becoming less fast then normal. I could go to the Apple store here in Amsterdam but I'm not to happy with the technical know-how of these 'genius' folks out there. Been there before with a Mac Pro issue and four 'genius' people where not able to solve the issue...

It's not irritating me that much to be honest, it's just something that surprised me a bit.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

If it is the iPad 3 then the issue is the A5X chip. It's not powerful enough and the iPad lags/stutters frequently as a result. Sell it ASAP!

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I have a 3rd gen iPad and it doesn't lag or stutter for me. :confused:

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yup. Same here. My iPad 3 hasn't given me a bit of trouble.