Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
How could you mar the beauty of the iPad that way? That's just disgusting! If Steve Jobs saw that, he'd not only throw up in his mouth a little, he'd snatch the thing away from you -- you don't deserve to have a iPad at all if that's the way you treat it -- and he'd blacklist you from being ever able to purchase any Apple product anywhere in the world ever again.

Right....

Based on my artwork, I think Steve Jobs would be pretty darn jazzed to know that I'm a loyal Apple user...

But I am jealous of you Clix Pix! After all... it must be nice to be able to ride motorcycles, without having to wear a helmet...

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
hhhhhoookay. Well if it works, then good for you. BUT, I would suggest peeling them off and at least straightening the pads up, it looks like you just threw them on.

I never feel comfortable using the ipad without some sort of case, I find I baby the damn thing. Once its in a decent case I can actually use it, without worrying. :rolleyes:

I suppose if owning :apple: products hasn't turned you OCD we should really be congratulating you, and asking you the secret. :D

Well, as the Boddhisatva Swami Sivananda once said, "Crave for a thing, you will get it. Renounce the craving, the object will follow you by itself."

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
What about using some good ol' skateboard grip tape?

Just to be honest.. that does look pretty horrendous.

MBPnamja

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
before I got my invisible shield I used the Clear dots around the edges and it was actually pretty neat and clean. But since then Ive purchased couple cases thats worked better. Currently using Dodo Case

Cheetablaze

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
That's awesome! Who cares about looks as long as it works.. plenty of jack wagons in here would rather spend 20-30 bucks when some felt stickers do the trick.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Looks like Gateway's version of the iPad. :D

It may be functional, but as it is now, it's extremely ugly :eek:

Try using smaller clear pads nicely placed in order, or a case similar to the Apple iPad Case.

You are right, the iPad by itself is very slippery.

I keep mine in it's Apple iPad Case. The lids ability to fold provides a very good grip and handling. I'm not sure if the Smart Cover provides the same functionality. I would be afraid of it coming off, as it's only held by magnets.

Let us know if you come up with another solution

this thread is funny :)

Actually, I expected this thread to be about suggestions on how to physically grip/hold the iPad. I walked in (metaphorically speaking) to see how many "you're holding it wrong" comments would be in here.

Honestly, like everyone else, I don't understand how you can prefer that to some kind of a case with a grip on the back. There are some clear materials specifically made just to add a grip...

But if it works for ya OP and you don't mind it. More power to ya

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
No offense but that "solution" makes me think of this image....

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Wow. I am not usually the one to care about looks too much but that sir is despicable, shameful, abhorrent, abject, despisable, detestable, awful, detestable, atrocious, awful, bad, base, beastly, contemptible, cursed, despicable, disgusting, foul, grim, grody, gross*, hairy*, hateful, heinous, hellish, horrible, horrid, loathsome, lousy, nauseating, obnoxious, odious, offensive, repellent, reprehensible, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, rotten, sleazy*, stinking, terrible, vile, wretched

It looks like then loch ness monster walked out of the genius bar.

You really need to learn to express yourself better. :D

If that works for you, OP, more power to you, but I'd rather put pads on my fingertips than ugly up the iPad like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.