iPad hairline scratch - applecare?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobbytallant, Nov 2, 2010.

1. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Hi

I purchased an iPad 64GB Wifi recently and after about a month of use I have found a very nice hairline scratch on the screen. Its about an inch long and is quite distracting when the screen is very bright or I am outside.

I was just wondering what the chances are of my Applecare fixing/replacing it?

I appreciate the textbook answer would be no but I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with this?

I have found Applecare to be very generous with iPhones but I am just wondering how they deal with what surely is quite a common complaint with iPads.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Obvious question:

How do you know 100% for sure you did not cause the scratch after owning it for 4 weeks?

3. bobbytallant thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't.

I use the official case that protects the back and bezel - not the screen.

I just noticed the scratch today.

4. lieb39 macrumors 6502

lieb39

I'd say that most likely they won't fix it. But you never know! I took my iPhone 3GS in a few months ago, after I dropped it on cement and the screen was completely cracked. I explained exactly what happened - they said $200 - I figure with AppleCare still going on, I'll accept that charge.
    They fixed it in about 30 seconds flat - and when I asked for the bill they said it was free - just cause I told them the truth. :)

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

6. unixfool macrumors 6502a