iPad Hand when Jailbreak with Redsn0w

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NttDocomo, Jan 22, 2011.

1. NttDocomo macrumors member

Hi I just bought a new iPad 16gb 3g iPad and it has firmware 4.2.1. I tried to following instructions in iClarified to restore with the custom 4.2.1, then use redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 to jailbreak but when the process hangs when the iPad screen displays "Downloading Jailbreak Data". It runs about three green blocks then hang and won't continue. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help, really hope to get it jailbroken. :)

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

This can happen on Windows if you are not running redsn0w in XP compatability mode...

3. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks f4780y, I tried to change the Windows Compatibility Mode of RedSn0w to Windows XP SP3, and the process still hangs. Then I change both the iTune and RedSn0w to run in XP SP2 mode and then restore the iPad again with custom 4.2.1 firmware and the process went through. However, after the iPad restart, the Cydia icon is a blank icon and when click into it, it just flashes. It seems it tried to open and then automatically quit.

Did anyone experience this before, just wonder am I doing something wrong? It seems pretty straightforward to jailbreak this but somehow I am having all these issues. Is there any problem with using the new RedSn0w 0.9.6rc8? Should I use an older release? Thank again for all the help, really appreciated it! :)

4. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

Sorry everyone please ignore my post. I figured that I did not reboot with RedSn0w. Now I am all good and Cydia is starting. Sorry for the confusion. I should have read the instructions more carefully. :p

5. Aameiel macrumors regular

Aameiel