iPad Hang at Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NttDocomo, Jan 22, 2011.

1. NttDocomo macrumors member

Sorry for posting again. I was able to jailbreak my iPad with 4.2.1. I installed the complete updates in Cydia, then downloaded MyWi and installed it. It asked me to reboot so I did so and then now iPad hangs at the Apple icon. I pretty much just install the MyWi app straight from Cydia, I wonder why there's a problem. It seems there's so much problem with the new version of the iPad, anyone knows what's the issue? Thanks again for all the help. :)

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

I hate to ask but was the jailbreak theathered?

3. Pared macrumors 65816

Of course it was tethered. These hangs are pretty much the "spot on" indicator.

Search on how to boot your device because of your tethered jailbreak.

4. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

As the guys said, your jailbreak is tethered so EVERY TIME you reboot the ipad you must run redsn0w and select the "just boot tethered now" option...

Don't worry about the fact you cant turn off the iPad. Just follow the on screen prompts as though it was turned off...

5. iPagan, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

iPagan macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me last night, when I installed MyWi on my jailbroken 3g iPad.

Here is what I did:

Hold BOTH Power and Home buttons for as long as you can--about 30 to 40 seconds--until the icon of a USB plug plugging to iTunes shows up. At that point, launch redsn0w, and reboot tethered.

It worked for me. :)

HTH.

6. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

yes it is tethered cuz it's 4.2.1. I just bought the iPad yesterday. Does it mean that it won't work with MyWi? I was reading the descriptions and instructions to install MyWi but did not find that it won't support tethered jailbroken iPad 4.2.1. Thanks again for all the help. :)

7. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

It will work fine as long as you reboot tethered to redsn0w...

8. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

man it worked, I boot with Redsn0w instructions when iPad hangs at Apple logo. You guys are awesome. I keep thinking that I have to have the iPad completely turn off in order to run the Redsn0w boot.

So I can pretty much run the redsn0w boot when seeing the iTune screen or Apple logo after I rebooted my machine? Thanks again :)