iPad has no cellular service, and should!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theslaz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I have the latest IPad and was bought with Wifi and cellular. Currently I am on holidays away from home in the mountains, but close to Jasper, Alberta, Canada. I attempted to use the IPad to read our local newspaper . However, it is showing as "No Service". My IPhone 4, which is sitting right beside the IPad is showing 3 bars and 3G. I'm presently tethered to it in order to get this question of in order to see why this is happening!

Checked the settings and "cellular service" is turned on as well as "enable lite". Airplane mode is turned of!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you using the same carrier for both the ipad and iphone?
    I would contact your ipads cellular provider or try a reset network setings on the ipad.

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your quick reply! Same carrier! But, apparently had a brain fart. Thinking about the problem, it dawned on me to try a reboot. Guess what, that did the trick.
    Just like a computer, if it doesn't do what it's supposed to, when all else fails, reboot!!!!!!

4. maliu macrumors 6502a

Apparently this is a known problem. I have it too. Checked Apple support. Unfortunately it happens randomly and after trying various things I can get to work. Restarting although annoying usually fixes it.