IPad has ruined my iPhone for me.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DrDomVonDoom, Sep 25, 2011.

1. DrDomVonDoom macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

Anyone else have this problem? Now that I have a iPad, I cannot stand using my iPhone for anything but messaging, and with iOS I feel that it might ruin message for me as well. :eek:

When I first got it I got the universal apps downloaded on my iPad and tried out the iPad versions of jetpack and others, and now my iPhone lasts ten times longer in battery life. At least it's still a good music player. Lol.

2. Aldaris, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

3. DrDomVonDoom thread starter macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

Pfft who uses their iPhone to make calls?:rolleyes:

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I kind of feel the same way. The amount of times that I've read on this forum that the iPad is just a big iPhone. I look at the iPhone and think, it's a small iPad.

5. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Precisely how I feel too. Both my Android phone and my iPod Touch get less loving because of that. On the other hand my wife still absolutely adores her iPod Touch and says the iPad is too big. I use a 7" tablet too but found it too big for one hand usage and too small for the tablet touch experience.

6. ninerfan macrumors regular

Absolutely feel the same way!! In fact, I was going to upgrade my 3GS to whatever the new model is that will be coming out next month. But, I am seriously rethinking that now.

7. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Yeah, I went through this phase. Love my iPad 2 and have been using my 3GS a lot less... But then I think of how shiny it's gonna be..... Ah....
    Can't wait. :p :D

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

No problem here since the iPad 2 don't fit in my pocket to go everywhere with me.

9. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

If I'm on wifi, I check my phone for texts and voice mails. Everything else is done on my iPad. It's my favorite gadget in the whole world.

I am excited to get the new iPhone, but I would be even more excited if it were iPad 3. I may not update my iPhone every year but I think I'll always get the new iPad.

10. Detrias macrumors member

My thoughts exactly, i cancelled my contract today because of that very same reason. Ever since i got the iPad the iPhone gets so lil use besides texting (which iOS5 is subject to change). If theres a ipod 3g release il give that a try and try to fulfill texts and the little voice i use over the 3g, otherwise dumbphone + ipad for me it is.

11. mystik610 macrumors regular

Exactly. And in those moments when I need to access something on the web and my iPad is out of reach, the iPhone is a god-send.

Plus my iPhone is my wireless hotspot.

12. aleni macrumors 68020

used to be me having this problem when i just bought the iPad 2, but when the excitement tears off, i go back to my iPhone because it's the only one that's with me everywhere. web browsing might be more pleasure with the iPad 2, but when i go outside, i didn't bring the iPad because it's really a hassle, so i still browse websites a lot with the iPhone because it's always with me in my pocket.

13. Vanessa17 macrumors member

+ 1. I have found that I want to delete apps from my iPhone because they aren't 'as good' after using them on the iPad. Having said that, I don't like to leave the house without either one :D

There is hype around the iPhone 5 but I feel that I will be hesitant to upgrade my iPhone 3gs because of my iPad2.

14. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

I had to laugh at the OP because that's how I felt too!! :D But that's why Apple is releasing the iPhone 5 right? perhaps, if it comes with a bigger screen, we will all be happier!!

15. sud macrumors regular

It funny cause I'm thinking the complete opposite, I've my phone with me everywhere. If the new iPhone has a larger screen I could probably do without my iPad.

:)

16. EvilEvil macrumors 6502

EvilEvil

I have no problem using both. I just wish my iPad 2 had a retina display like my iPhone 4.

17. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I just went through my first full weekend w/ my iPad, and I can see this happening already. I used to use my iPhone for almost everything - using my Mac Mini only to sync or to perhaps comparison shop / research products, etc.

iPad has changed all that for me. I used it exclusively all weekend long, using my iPhone to only text and talk. I even let my iPhone run its battery out to recondition it / reset its % used calculator since it was no big deal if my phone died.

I have found the apps to be so much more engaging, the experience so much more rounded. I'm sure I'll still use my iPhone when I'm out and about, but when I have both devices around me, its no contest.

So, on that note, I'm about to fire up Xinio and grab me a subscription to Maxim ... ;)

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Me, sometimes I have things to say which are too important for texting or I can't be bothered to type out.

19. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Guess It's True

That my iPad does get more use than my iPhone, BUT I've tried to smuggle my iPad into hospital and they always catch me out.PLUS my iPad is not 3G so my phone is easy to get in (I use it responsibly ) and it's got the internet access I need.

The bigger screen on my iPad is the clincher, but now I have my MBA maybe the iPad will get less use (I think so)

20. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

What are you in hospital for Apple addiction!? ;)

21. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Same here- iPhone now used as a phone, texting and music player. Love my iPad!

22. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Kind of the opposite for me, I love the iPhone's screen compared to the iPad, so that's why I prefer it.

23. anthdci macrumors 6502

I've found exactly the same. I used to play all sorts of games on my iphone, but now i have my ipad i have moved to the HD versions. The only one I haven't moved is plants vs zombies because it is sooo close to being totally complete, I only need 3 more plants for the full zen garden.

My contract is finished on dec 24th so I am not sure whether to keep my iphone4, and get a sim only 30day contract or get a cheaper android phone instead.

My iPad has totally took over from my laptop, this is now sitting collecting dust.

24. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Guess I Could Be Accused Of That!

:D. I'm pretty sure there is no cure for it though...Every time I think I can give it up, they release something else that I convince myself I need!

The MBA is a case in point.....Still have a 17.5 " Toshiba laptop running Windoze.....Never comes out of it's case....Too heavy, I said, gotta get an Air.

Loving it :)

25. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I've had little bouts of this, but then I quickly realize that nothing beats the portability of my iPhone. I can't stick my iPad in my pocket as I'm mowing the lawn and plug headphones into it and stream Pandora on it outside of the range of my WiFi(I don't have the 3G iPad). I do love that my iPad has pretty much replaced my Laptop though. I almost never use my laptop anymore.

So, my iPhone is great for my phone calls, texting, and portability. My iPad is for everything else!