iPad has to go back again :/

Discussion in 'iPad' started by h00ligan, Jul 26, 2011.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Horrible dead pixel (realistically - I doubt it's one, it's so big), after having one with horrible backlight, and another with color issues (fading red).

This is getting frustrating, and I'm getting tired of going back to the apple store.

Additionally they had to replace my iPhone due to a broken home button.. and the new one clearly has something wrong with the proximity sensor, it's back to cheek muting 14 times a day.

I'm beginning to get very very tired of the lack of quality control. My old macbook pro was a disaster.. and I just spent nearly 2k (including applecare) on an air. I currently question whether continuing to buy apple products is a good idea, because honestly, they have been nothing but trouble for about the last 4 years.

What a pity.

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Quite understandable. I would be close to swearing off the company as well if I had that string of bad luck. It doesn't hurt to explain this string of bad luck with an AppleCare representative. They have been known to offer courtesies like free AppleCare Protection for your troubles.

3. idkmybffjon macrumors member

i feel your pain! what a string of bad luck!

honestly I've been buying apple products for years (iPods, MacBooks, macbook pros, iPhones, iPad and never had a single problem with anything except the home button on my iPhone 4 started acting up and they replaced it no questions asked.

4. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

I'm on my 7th iPad. The Apple store stops becoming as fun after like the fourth trip :( That said 6th and 7 are somewhat better (sans cosmetic damage out of the box on sixth). So I guess persistence can be your friend and your enemy. Thank god for their 14 day return policy.

5. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

I'm on my third and it has minor backlight bleeding near home button but barely noticeable and I'm going to live with it. If anything I will get it replaced before selling for a new iPad.:D

6. gregrose macrumors 6502

any of you have any wifi issues with yours?

mine is very jumpy, considering my ipad 1 was perfect and stable....

7. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

After speaking with apple today, they offered to allow me to just return it. I had mentioned that at this point I just wanted to get it fixed, get a good one back, and sell it on.

I appreciate that they are willing to do that, however, it's still something like 6 trips between the iPad and iPhone.. which is a shame.

So now I have to decide if I am giving up on the iPad for now.. another point of fact that sucks is the money I spent on apps for which I will have no use.