Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
So my iPad is not charging through the Magic Keyboard half the time. Also, it takes 2 tries to open up apps like Excel and streaming services.

I’ve rebooted a few times and still the same. It’s only a year and a half old.

Any suggestions?

So I took my iPad to Apple with a Genius Bar appointment. This was at Mall of NH - one of the smaller Apple stores. It was kind of pitiful. 20 salespeople most standing around talking to each other. 3 Geniuses working. The lady that I got didn’t even know how to close the Magic Keyboard with the iPad in it. She ran diagnostics and basically said nothing showed up. Wouldn’t even address the issue with Excel not opening correctly cause it wasn’t an Apple app. The only thing she told me that I didn’t know was that I can extend my Apple Care after it expires. I asked her to show me how. She didn’t know where to find it. I had to show her and no help on how to extend. Really, really poor experience. 😒 Apple.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Which iPP model? Which version of iPadOS? Do all apps start only with a double tap?

EDIT: check Double-Tap in your AssistiveTouch-settings in Settings->Accessibility-Touch.

Last edited:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Which iPP model? Which version of iPadOS? Do all apps start only with a double tap?

EDIT: check Double-Tap in your AssistiveTouch-settings in Settings->Accessibility-Touch.
It’s the IPP 3rd edition 2021. Latest version of iPadOS. The Excel app always shows when I tap it but doesn’t open. I have to shut it down by flicking it up and then try again. It will open on the 2nd try. The streaming apps are very fickle. Sometimes open up fine. Other times will have to do the same as with Excel.

I double checked the Accessibility - Touch is off.

Last edited:

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Do you use a VPN or proxy (e.g. from a system-wide adblocker)? Word and Powerpoint are not affected? This sounds (at the moment) as if apps, which require a login seem to be affected… anyway, please try:

Quit Excel then delete the login credentials for Excel under Settings>Excel>Reset>Delete Login Credentials. Then start Excel and sign into your Microsoft account.

There might be something similar n the settings of the streaming apps you use.

Otherwise did you check wether the “usual” suspects are responsible? Like turning off Private Relay and/or using a private Wi-Fi address?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.