iPad HD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by O.G.Q, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O.G.Q macrumors newbie

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I don't mind HD. I actually makes more sense if you think about it because they're most likely going to be selling the 2 and the new one alongside each other. Deciding between 2 and 3 is kind of silly.

3. DenisAuermann macrumors regular

DenisAuermann

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

I hope not. HD is such a 2009 term. So far nothing's confirmed. I think Apple would know better than adding the HD tag to their next iPad

4. GoGa, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

GoGa macrumors regular

GoGa

I'm hoping they will just call it iPad and get rid of the numbering. Or keep the iPad 2 (maybe with the A5X) and rename it just iPad, and then the next iPad would be called the iPad Pro.

5. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

For me, the iPad HD name does not sound right, but don't have anything to support for my thinking, just thinking out loud.

My thoughts that it would be better with iPad 3 HD so the following years there will be an iPad 4 HD. Reason is, what will the next version be called after iPad HD. iPad HD+ perhaps ? Just a guess guys, they will include the #3 on it.

Anyone to weigh in ?

6. M87 macrumors 65816

I think if they're keeping the iPad 2 around at a cheaper price that they might want to avoid giving the new one a number to avoid them seeming like the old one and the new one. They might want it to be perceived as the affordable one and the "premium" model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.