IPad - Help! I can't remember my password!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by machenryr, Oct 27, 2016.

1. machenryr macrumors regular

machenryr

So it's been some months since I've used it. It was on a shelf, plugged in. I just decided to use it. It's asking for my password. I was CERTAIN I was using the right one. But no. I put it in again. Tried other variations. Then it says I'm disabled. Try again in 1 minute. Wrong again. Now it says try again in 5 minutes. Is it going to shut it down forever soon? What the hell do I do now???

2. ericwn macrumors 68000

The passcode can be reset - I think - if you restore the device via iTunes. Check Apples Support website or give them a call otherwise. Best success!

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Do you know your iCloud password?

If you do then do a dfu restore using iTunes and once it reboots it'll ask for that password to unlock the device.

Providing you've been backing up to iCloud you'll be able to restore everything without an issue

4. machenryr thread starter macrumors regular

machenryr

I dont use iCloud. And I can't get to iTunes if I can't unlock the iPad. Just to be clear, it's not the password per se, it's the unlock password. I was SURE I knew it. I am going to have to erase and restore.