iPad help?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jonnyman69, Mar 18, 2011.

1. jonnyman69 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am new to the iPad scene and I would like to make my first purchase soon but I've run into a dilemma. I want to get the iPad 2 because of the cameras and FaceTime but also because I want an iPad and seeing as how it's the newest obviously I'd choose that one but I live in Canada and seeing how it's gone in the states so far I'm assuming I'm not gonna have a big chance of getting one.

So my question is: should I get an iPad 1 and buy an iPod touch 4 for FaceTime or just try my hardest to get an iPad 2?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Yes

3. jonnyman69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes to what?=P

4. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

This doesn't really answer his question lol:p

Anyways, I would try and get an iPad 2 before you buy iPad 1 and the iPod Touch, as the Canada release date is like 6 days away.

5. FireSokar macrumors regular

Depends on the use, you mention face time a lot. Honestly I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I use the iPhone for face time once a month? The iPad 2 is nice because it is faster. In the future more games will be created for it. In the long run it comes down to how long you can wait / will you upgrade if you run into one. I have an original iPad since launch day. I used it 15 minutes and that's it my 2 year-old took it over. Now that I have an iPad 2 I couldn't go with-out it. Why play the games on the smaller screen when i got this just laying around.

6. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

iPad2 iPad2 iPad2 iPad2 iPad2 ('nuff said).....u wont get disappointed, faster, thinner, whatever !!!

7. jonnyman69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I got a friend in the uk and a few from where I live that either have an iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4 and they are always using FaceTime and I want an upgrade from my iPod touch 2g, Ive really wanted an iPad 2 since the announcement of it but with how things are going in the USA with iPad 2 shortages, its hard to say what up here will be like. And the only place that would have an iPad 2 around where I live is futureshop Which might get it and that's a half hour drive away or best buy which is an hour and a half, and with the release date I'm gonna be in school so I won't be able to go till almost closing on the day if not the day after and won't have a very big chance of getting one