Ipad Help??

GTR King

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Ok so I have an IPad 4 16GB (Had it for 4 years) it's starting to run out of space & apps keep crashing etc....

So looking to upgrade & buy new iPad (Gonna give ipad 4 to mum)

So dunno what ipad to get....

Things I will use on the iPad...

Facebook
Amazon
eBay
PayPal
Banking
Sky+/Sky go
FaceTime
YouTube
Music
CSR Classics/Racing 2
Reckless Racing 2/3
Photos
Videos
Maybe other games

So not sure what best ipad is for me? Or should I wait till iPad Pro 2 comes out??

I want something with good storage/battery life... has a good screen quality etc

Last edited:

snow755

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2012
Ok so I have an IPad 4 16GB (Had it for 4 years) it's starting to run out of space & apps keep crashing etc....

So looking to upgrade & buy new iPad (Gonna give ipad 4 to mum)

So dunno what ipad to get....

Things I will use on the iPad...

Facebook
Amazon
eBay
PayPal
Banking
Sky+/Sky go
FaceTime
YouTube
Music
CSR Classics/Racing 2
Reckless Racing 2/3
Photos
Videos
Maybe other games

So not sure what best ipad is for me? Or should I wait till iPad Pro 2 comes out??

I want something with good storage/battery life... has a good screen quality etc

If you want some in that will last you years too come I would wait for the new iPad Pro model too come out but if you can't wait then you can get the new iPad and get the new pro iPad models later on

GTR King

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
I can wait for the new pro if it's out this month... if's out comming out Sept/Nov then I can't wait... but that's if it's coming out... not fussed about the keyboard/pencil

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
If you're not interested in the pencil, there's a case to be made for the new iPad. 128gb for under $450 isn't bad.

If you want more premium features like better display and audio, the current Pro 9.7" or the coming 10.5" will be more to your liking. Expect to pay more though.

GTR King

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
All I want is

Good Pictures/Screen quality
Good Storages and something that will last..

I am gonna wait till end of April when got some more £ then will decide what iPad to get

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
You do not need an iPad Pro for such basic tasks. Sounds to me like you're the kind of user that the recently released new iPad was made for. Definitely an upgrade coming from an iPad 4, but not overkill.

That, or a Mini 4 if you'd like to try something more portable.

GTR King

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
The mini 4 is too small to play CSR 2 on...

or should I wait till pro 2 comes out? and see if the pro 1 gets any cheaper??

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
The mini 4 is too small to play CSR 2 on...

or should I wait till pro 2 comes out? and see if the pro 1 gets any cheaper??
No one even knows when the Pro 2 is coming. You could be waiting a while. And I don't think that the Pro 1 will be as cheap as the recently released iPad, which sounds sufficient for your needs.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Your iPad 4 shouldn't be crashing. Firstly, restore it to factory settings using iTunes, and manually reinstall your apps.

If you still experience issues, buy the newly-released "iPad".

GTR King

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
It's only a few apps that keeps Crashing every so often e.g CSR 2/reckless racing 2 etc. Facebook YouTube Amazon eBay are fine & hardly crash at all...

When the next CSR 2 update comes out will not have enough space to install it..

So there no point in me getting the iPad Pro?? Just need bigger storage

GTR King

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Update ........

The other day I tried to update CSR 2 iPad kept saying not enough space so deleted some more stuff and tried a few times eventually it updated....

when the next update comes I won't have enough GB To update it

CSR 2 Still crashes sometimes

so still thinking about the new Ipad 5th gen and giving old Ipad to my mum