iPad Home Sharing only partial library

Discussion in 'iPad' started by longofest, Mar 9, 2011.

1. longofest Editor emeritus

longofest

Just upgraded to iOS 4.3 on my iPad, with latest iTunes (10.2.1). I've got home sharing on and connecting to my iTunes, but the wierdest thing is that I'm not seeing all of the content that is in my iTunes library.

I've already done a permissions repair just in case that was the culprit with no luck. I've also tried turning off and back on the home share on iTunes. Still nothing. All of the media was purchased from the same iTunes account (mine). I really, really want to avoid re-building my iTunes library because that does not keep information like ratings and play counts, both of which I use a LOT.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

For what its worth... what I'm not seeing is Stargate Universe (yeah, I'm one of the few people to actually watch that show, much less have paid for it on iTunes)

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Did you check the Video/Movies app? I read somewhere today that videos were displayed there rather than in iTunes. I can't confirm, but it is worth a shot?

3. longofest thread starter Editor emeritus

longofest

Well, yeah. The iPod application only shows music and the videos application shows videos. So I'm looking in the videos application under my shared library for the show, but it's not showing up (though plenty others are).

4. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Did you look in the iPod app under purchased? I found some movies in there.

5. MuggleReviewer macrumors member

MuggleReviewer

make sure in your iTunes settings you have shared your entire library.

I just updated to 4.3 as well and my entire library in available through home-sharing.

6. longofest thread starter Editor emeritus

longofest

Yes... Nothing there, but interesting that you found video content under the iPod app...
    Yeah, my entire library is shared. Had that thought too...