ipad hotspot (verizon)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ercsliberty, Mar 19, 2012.

1. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

May 15, 2011
    i got the new ipad and i set the hotspot feature on it. than i connected my iphone 4s and was able to use the ipads hotspot just fine. problem is that when i leave the house and come back later, the iphone does not automatically connect to the ipads hotspot, i have to turn the ipad on, goto the hotspot tab (which is always on) , and then the iphone finds it and connects. does anyone know of a way to keep the ipads hotspot feature always "on"? thanks
  2. astral125 macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2011
    This is what made me stop using my iPhone hotspot with my Macbook Air. Frustrating.
  3. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2012
    Highly unlikely as your battery power would drain rapidly.
  4. ercsliberty, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

ercsliberty thread starter macrumors 6502

May 15, 2011
    lets hope there is a way to "fix" this

well, found a temporary solution, as long as the screen is left on, and on the setting page with the hotspot tab highlighted, the connection remains solid, so when i use the ipad, before i put it down, i have to press the settings button. gotta be an easier way....
  5. dmk1974 macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2008
    I'm thinking about getting my Dad an Verizon iPad 3 so he can utilize the hotspot feature. So it sounds like it works pretty well speed-wise though?
  6. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2010
    Speeds are good. I am getting like 10mb down on my AT&T 4s tethered through hotspot. However I share the same pain with the auto-connect not working. I have to go into the hotspot setting and turn it off and on every time I want my 4s to connect. Very annoying...