iPad iBook application

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by loaferkan, Dec 15, 2012.

1. loaferkan macrumors member

loaferkan

Is there any application that are suitable for reading books other than iBook application ? I couldn't find much books there.

2. Dave421 macrumors member

There are Kindle and Nook apps available also. If you have your own books or get them elsewhere,there are tons of plain e-reader apps available without stores. There are thousands of titles available in iBooks though. Are there some specific titles that you're looking for?

3. loaferkan thread starter macrumors member

loaferkan

Thanks for the advice. I am looking for fiction stories. I was able to find only classics in iBooks. Will you be able to specify some of the plain e - reader applications ?

4. Dave421 macrumors member

Sorry but I can't. I use the Kindle and iBooks apps. There's a ton of fiction in the iTunes Store though, not just classics. In the app, hit "store" at the top left, then hit "fiction" at the top and that will take you to the section. It will show you new releases and popular books but you can hit "see all" for more options. You can also do a search for any specific authors or titles.

5. loaferkan thread starter macrumors member

loaferkan

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Marvin is really great, pretty new too. The developer is around these parts too (where I first heard about it). :)

http://marvinapp.com

7. loaferkan thread starter macrumors member

loaferkan

Thanks for sharing the information.