IPad ICloud beta question

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BigDukeSix, Jun 16, 2011.

1. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

So, I have my Wifi only Ipad 1 running 4.3.3. My ITunes on my Mac Mini is running 10.3.3. My store settings are correct on my ITunes for sharing to devices and I have previously synched my IPad to my Mini.

Followed this to the letter:

– Go to the Settings app and tap on the Store section in the left pane.

– On the top of the right pane you’ll now see the Automatic Downloads section, where you can turn automatic downloads on and off for Music, Apps, and Books individually.

When I try to slide the Automatic Downloads to the ON position, they keep returning to the OFF position. So, what am I missing here???? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Edited. That's pretty strange. So it is enabled on both places? iPad and iTunes?

3. BigDukeSix thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

It is my wife's IPad, and I do not have physical access to it. But, she did say in the ITunes preferences on the IPad, she does have the same settings for the Store as she does on the Mini.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'd make sure all of them are enabled just to be safe. Since you can't physically check them, have her look on iTunes. Have her go to Edit>Preferences>Store and it should look like the first image.

For the iPad, open up Settings and look for Store. Once there, have her confirm that it looks like the second image.

If both are enabled, I have no idea what it could be. I enabled them on my Win 7 machine and on my iPad and everything has been working just fine.

Attached Files:

5. BigDukeSix thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

Will do. Thanks for the screen shots as well. She is pretty good with managing her device settings, and we all know Apple stuff just works, so this is a bit perplexing. I will let y'all know what we come up with.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No problem. Worst case, I guess you could call Apple and see what they suggest.

1-800-676-2775

7. BigDukeSix thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

Well, we tried again while on Skype so we could both see and talk about settings. We did set everything as required. Only difference I saw was that on the IPad, books was not an option. It only has a slider switch for music and apps. I would assume that is because it is an IPad 1 vs and IPad 2??

We have not tried the big reset yet.

Might have to call Apple to figure this out. Thanks again for the help suggestions.