iPad/iCloud Playlist not updating play counts/dates to iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Julien, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

When I play music on my iPad using iCloud the play counts and play dates don't update on iTunes. Shouldn't this meta data be transferred back to iTunes? I have even tried syncing and manual restarting both but still no transfer.

Also I have several Playlists on iTunes that I sort by play date. On the iPad they don't show up in this order. Is there a way to make Playlists on iCloud follow/mirror iTunes sorting?

2. WisdomWolf macrumors regular

Playlist sorting, especially Smart Playlists, was broken in iOS 5. You'll notice the same sorting bug with Match turned off.

The iOS implementation of Match also appears to be half-baked. Play counts are not updating correctly, Smart Playlists are not showing up correctly, Genius Playlists are MIA, and Album Artwork is not showing correctly. We are still waiting for a fix from Apple or at least an acknowledgement of the aforementioned issues.

3. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Any word if 5.1 fixes metadata (Play Count and Play Date) update and/or Playlist mirroring?

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It this still an issue for everyone? I just started using iCloud on my iPhone 5 and I'm a little pissed that I just realized my plays aren't updating into iTunes and vice versa. Any thoughts?