iPad: I'm sure it's been said already, but...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by California, Jan 28, 2010.

1. California macrumors 68040

California

1. I just watched the Ives iPad video after seeing Jobs presentation.

Why do they keep saying it is so "incredible to be able to hold the internet in your hands?" as if we have not been doing that since... 1994 with my Powerbook 145b that had the nascent internet on it? How do they think we "hold" a laptop? With our feet?

(Oh, I do remember having this conversation with Apple in summer of 2001, when i bought my first Tibook. They said they did not consider the TitaniumPower book a "laptop" but rather a "portable computer"... as they warned against putting that frying pan of a machine on your lap)

2. Is there a possibility to tether this to an iPhone or turn it into an iPhone?

(so you could dock it in the car and use it with GPS among a zillion other uses?)

3. Will Word or other programs ever be put on it?

4. Is there a microphone in it?

5. What is it for, just hanging out at airports and coffee houses?

Doesn't Apple get it that we need interconnectivity for WORK? I'd buy it if I could make it into a phone, or make it into a laptop, but putting it in the middle with none of the important functions?

If this is the year 1930 of the Great Depression, Apple just came out with a silent film instead of a talkie, or an incredible pair of bottonhole boots so we can stand in the breadlines with the latest in Edwardian footwear.

I know you guys already have hashed it all over, but I don't get it. Anyone who actually has to read for a living would never ruin their eyes on this device.

2. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

It's useful, and two words basically sum it up: App Store.

It's a 10" multi-touch blank canvas for developers. Use your imagination and think what they're going to do with it. The iPhone showed us how creative they are on a phone, imagine what is going to be done for the iPad.