Ipad + Imac vs MBP?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bomino, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Bomino, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

Bomino macrumors member

Originally, i bought the ipad 2 to hold me off until apple redesigns their MBP (i'd sell the ipad when the MBP is released).. but the more i think about it, the more i like the idea of just getting a IMac and being done with it.. obviously wait for the refresh though. using the ipad for college (notes and web surf, etc.) and come home to do homework assignments on the imac.

cost wise, it seems efficient too..
    $750 ipad + $1500 21.5" imac = $2250.
    or $2300 15" MBP

thoughts?

2. jrm725 macrumors newbie

I contemplated this exact scenario when the original iPad came out and I wanted a new computer. I ultimately went with the mbp, and I think it was kind of a mistake after I got the iPad2. I never use the laptop portability since I do all the Internet browsing on the iPad. Contemplating trading in the mbp for an iMac now. It always sits on my desk.

3. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

The iMac and the iPad 2 work as a very good combination for me.

4. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Another vote for iPad + iMac. (and I have a MBP too)

Best combo all around.

5. iLucas macrumors 6502

Another vote here for the iPad 2 + iMac combo.
    With browsers with tabs on iPad now (Terra, for me) and being able to get a case with a keyboard built in makes the iPad a great on the go device.

6. freeman727 macrumors 6502

In the ideal world: iMac or Mac Pro, 11.6" MBA and iPad2!

7. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I'd go for iMac and iPad. I've got the same but with the original iPad and it does work awesomely. You get the power of the desktop and then get the portability of the iPad which I love since I can't use trackpads that well :p you could save some money buying refurb on the old models of the iMac as well.

8. Bomino thread starter macrumors member

looks like i'll be going with the imac/pad combo :D thanks for input. it does really seem like a great combo.

9. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Three completely products for different uses. Buy all three like I did. Your covered

10. Bomino thread starter macrumors member

and spend double the amount of money that i'd like to? pass..

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Currently I have an iMac, MacBook Air (13") and an iPad. The Air gets used the least, and in fact, I recently decided to keep it parked at the office, since I never use it while at home. I need the Air at work, because some of the documents I work with need to be formatted precisely for printing. And also some of the editing tasks I do is easier done with a full keyboard and the Air's bigger screen. If editing and final formatting of documents wasn't part of my job, or if I worked at home all the time, I wouldn't need the Air (or any other notebook) at all.