iPad In Big W Australia

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Benny08, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

Hey,
    I Work at Big W and i just thought i would give you a little inside and that Big W is in talks with Apple to expand our iPod range to now sell iPads and iPhones.

This is from my Store Manager who said he was in talks to get them expanded with head office!

so we will have to wait and see...

2. !r3volution! macrumors newbie

Ya it's true, i too work at Big W and they have been getting some more expensive **** but i know that selected Big W stores will be stocking iPad's and i think itz all the models including wifi + 3g models, itz like $50 dollars cheaper than the retail price, for example i saw the 64 gb wifi + 3g model going for $998, which is pretty cheap in Australia

3. harry454 macrumors 6502

Do you know when they will be getting 16 gb wifi? Looking to buy one cheaper!

thank you

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well, seeing as the wholesale price of any Apple gear to a reseller is razor thin, I doubt this discount. That said, I know BigW discount a lot of things, but if they get iPads at a discount, then I must grab one (with the staff discount as well).

5. !r3volution! macrumors newbie

Ya I heard they will having the all models, Wifi 16gb, 32gb and 64 gb as well as Wifi + 3g 16gb, 32gb, and 64gb. But the 16gb Wifi only model starts from $627 i think, not a big difference the biggest saving i have seen was on the 64gb Wifi + 3g model, where the Apple store has it for $1049 whereas Big W has it for normal price at $998. Only Selected stores are receiving them, on top of my head, Rouse Hill, Westpoint Blacktown, Penrith, Macquarie, Wetheril Park is getting em, i dont think Auburn and Plumpton arent receiving them at this stage, They have been advertised for the catalogue starting this coming thursday (28/10/10) but my advice since I work in Home Ent section of the store is to come in the morning when the store opens its doors because these sort of thing would get sold out easily such as the new iPod 4g's