iPad iPad in London on launch day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marmiteturkey, Oct 26, 2013.

1. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Has anyone ever queued at the Covent Garden store for an iPad on launch day n the past? Should we expect a shortage on friday or a long queue, or do you think I'll be able to walk in at 8 and pick one up (4g 64gb)? Hoping to have one for a business trip on Saturday 2nd!

2. THFourteen macrumors 6502

I would go to the Regent St store, you might have to queue a while longer but they will have the most stock IMO

3. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

Read lots of horror stories about the number of scalpers buying up everything at the 5S launch last month but hoping this was mainly due to the iPhone being more popular and easy to sell on for a profit, combined with the low launch availability. Hopefully this iPad launch won't be quite as bad. Planning on getting to the local store around 6.30-7am, no earlier. If there's a ridiculous queue then I shall just say screw it and order online for delivery whenever.

4. marmiteturkey thread starter macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Cool, thanks - I'm thinking the same, about 630 is the earliest I can justify, and will just order online if it looks silly. Don't need it so much that I'll pay over retail! Apple's new habit of not permitting online preorders is quite irritating.