iPad in the MacRumors.com Buyer's Guide?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by steiney, Oct 2, 2010.

1. steiney macrumors 6502

Hello All,

I've been on here a little while, and I recently noticed that the iPad isn't included in the Buyer's Guide.

Does anyone know why? I remember when the first iPhone came out, it was immediately added to the Buyer's Guide.

Anyway, the site wouldn't let me post this question in General Discussion, so I decided to post it here. Hope it's not off topic.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be interested to know.

steiney

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The recommendations in the buyers guide are based off of the average time between updates so there is no point in having it there until it has been updated once. If I remember correctly the initial price drop on the iPhone was counted as an update and that is why it was added quickly.

3. steiney thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's true, but I seem to remember that the iPhone was put in there immediately, but with the note that it was on it's first product cycle and, therefore, no statement was made as to when a new cycle would come out.

It is entirely possible that I am remember all of that wrong.

Thanks for the info, though!

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apparently you were right, it was there that page is from August 8 2007, and the previous archive from July 17 doesn't have the iPhone so it was added sometime around then. I'm not sure why they bothered to put it there, as it wouldn't have been very helpful though.

5. steiney thread starter macrumors 6502

Well at least my memory is correct! I feel like it was put there because, as an addition to the Apple line-up, it should be included in the Buyer's Guide. Maybe that was the reasoning for the iPhone, but the site owner has decided to take a different direction with the addition of the iPad.

I was going to email the owner of the site directly to ask him, but I could not find any contact information. I think he might have a twitter account, but I don't do twitter.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There's a contact form I think that they must have added the iPhone because it was a new product, and then realized that it was pointless to have a new product on there. They don't have the :apple:TV on the buyers guide either, I think they are trying to avoid having things that haven't been updated or that have weird release schedules.

7. steiney thread starter macrumors 6502

True. It didn't occur to me that the Apple TV isn't on their either. Oh well, I guess it's a mystery for the ages.