iPad in washing machine

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ixoye8, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ixoye8 macrumors newbie

My wife accidentily put the ipad in the washing machine for about ten minutes before she realized where it was. we dried it and have it in a ziplock bag with rice now. any suggestions?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Leave it for a few days. Not even going to ask how it wound up there.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

don't turn it on. hopefully you turned it off straight away?

4. ixoye8 thread starter macrumors newbie

it was in standby when it went in and we have not turned it in. she put it in the laudry basket before throwing clothes in before heading out the door in a hurry.

5. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

standy=on

time to get replacement.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I feel your pain, man. I actually did that with my original iPhone. I know it's just a phone, but I think my heart actually stopped when I pulled all of the clothes out of the washer and I saw my phone lying on the bottom. It took about a month, but it became completely usable again.

And, ironically, like your wife I carry my iPad around while doing my laundry. And you better believe that baby is definitely not on top of my clothes when I dump them in the washer. A very painful lesson learned.

7. -iMatt- macrumors newbie

8. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

?

My wife accidentily put the ipad in the washing machine for about ten minutes before she realized where it was. we dried it and have it in a ziplock bag with rice now.

Are you sure that your wife didn't accidentally find out about your girl friend?

9. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Replace wife.