iPad integration with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by moonman239, Mar 15, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Random thought: What if I could hook up my iPad to my iPhone and have the iPad act as a big iPhone? So I could pause a game on my phone and pick up where I left off on my iPad. If a call or SMS - not just iMessage - comes in, I can respond from my iPad. So I could leave my iPhone in my bag.

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

why not just play games on your ipad? and use your phone as the phone, thus alllowing no intertuptions on your ipad?

3. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

We all wish but we're just not there yet. I'm hoping that Game Center gets an upgrade soon so you can continue games on whatever device. I'm also hoping that more 3rd party developers come in with console style games for iOS. Messaging can work similarly if Apple implements it.

4. iMule macrumors 6502

I really hate the phone part about my iPhone. 90% of the time, I don't like answering the people who call me. I wish I could have a texting iPhone only. Hell, I'll just stick mine on airplane mode and use iMessage.

5. sartios macrumors member

Imagine holding the iPad up to your ear, what an absolute idiot you would look :D

6. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

Is it just the people themselves? Do you get calls from people who have the wrong number? If so, welcome to my world. In the past month, I've gotten at least maybe 4 calls on my iPhone from people who had the wrong number. Today I got a call from an auto insurance company I don't have a plan with. I let it go to voicemail. I think the voicemail was a bill reminder. I'd be scared if whoever's bill it was didn't make their payments, forcing the insurance company to call the police. My butt would probably have been on the line if I didn't call back and tell them they had the wrong number!

That's why I hope Apple introduces a call filter so I can at least tell the iPhone to send calls from people not in my contacts straight to voicemail. That would not take care of automated recordings, but at least I won't get as many calls from people who have the wrong number as I do now.

7. sUGArDawg macrumors regular

sUGArDawg

You must be really popular w/ your friends and family :confused: