Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ardboline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2020
Anyone have issue with iOS14 iPAD crashing a Linksys Velop router?

Updated a 10.5inch iPad Pro to iOS 14, get some wifi connectivity, some things load, others don't. After a couple of minutes Velop routers crashes (indicator light to solid red), all other Apple devices can't connect. Reboot Velop, it works great until you re-connect iPad with iOS14 (and 14.01), then same thing, crashes network. Tested the iPad on other wifi network, seems fine. Any ideas?

silversocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2020
I am having problems with my home network since updating to ios14. It sounds impossible but it really seems like the phone is somehow causing a cascade of failures through my home network.

I have a Linksys Velop router with one additional node. The Velop system is attached by ethernet cable to a DSL router that my ISP provided. I use the Velop system to provide WiFi connection throughout the house. The DSL router is just there to get the connection into the house, it has it's WiFi antenna disabled.

It seems like when I try to use the wifi with my phone to connect to the Velop router, first the internet connection to the phone is lost after a couple of seconds, then after a time the Velop router loses its connection to the internet. When I check my DSL router it often seems to show that it is still connected to the internet but even an ethernet cable directly from the DSL router to a PC results in a failed connection.

If I don't have wifi on my phone enabled, the system does not seem to exhibit any issues. It's the strangest thing I have ever come across and it's extremely frustrating.

ardboline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2020
I am having problems with my home network since updating to ios14. It sounds impossible but it really seems like the phone is somehow causing a cascade of failures through my home network.

I have a Linksys Velop router with one additional node. The Velop system is attached by ethernet cable to a DSL router that my ISP provided. I use the Velop system to provide WiFi connection throughout the house. The DSL router is just there to get the connection into the house, it has it's WiFi antenna disabled.

It seems like when I try to use the wifi with my phone to connect to the Velop router, first the internet connection to the phone is lost after a couple of seconds, then after a time the Velop router loses its connection to the internet. When I check my DSL router it often seems to show that it is still connected to the internet but even an ethernet cable directly from the DSL router to a PC results in a failed connection.

If I don't have wifi on my phone enabled, the system does not seem to exhibit any issues. It's the strangest thing I have ever come across and it's extremely frustrating.

Exactly my situation but with an iPad. I logged this with Linksys and had a call with them but its still not sorted.... Logged with Apple too but did not even get a auto reply to say they got it....

timry85

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2020
Yes I had this issue as well. Switch this setting off on all iOS devices: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211227

It seems to fix it on my network, I had so many intermittent random problems and with two SSID's and a new iPhone 12 I didn't know what was going on. All sorted and working flawlessly now :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.