iPad iOS 5 beta 4 stuck in DFU? HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by osxoverwin, Oct 9, 2011.

1. osxoverwin macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    my iPad (1st gen.) is running beta 4 of iOS 5. Maybe. I tried to restore it a few times on two different computers all running the latest beta of iTunes 10.5, but I got error 1611 once, and 1604 the other few times. Yesterday I took it to an Apple reseller to ask them to try, and the same thing there (idk what version of iTunes they had, I'm guessing it's 10.4): Preparing iPad for restore. It seems to get stuck there for a very long time, then error 1604. Why? I changed the USB ports, the cable, the iPad hasn't been damaged. So, why is it stuck there? All I can see on it is the Connect to iTunes thing, not even the "Welcome" screen in iOS 5. WHAT DO I DO?! Thank you all for your help!

2. osxoverwin thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of waiting until iOS 5 is officially out, and iTunes 10.5 is finally stable, and try then. If that fails, Apple Store!

3. Theappleaddict macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have exactly the same issue! Just downloaded the latest itunes and ipad takes ages saying 'preparing ipad for restore'.........then comes up with error 1604.

No site seems to help.......I've tried rebooting computer, changing USB ports, pressing off and home buttons to get to apple logo.........

Any clues?

4. Theappleaddict macrumors newbie

Hi

I've just sorted mine. When it comes up with the error code, keep the ipad connected to your computer. Then close down itunes and restart itunes again - still keeping ipad connected. When the ipad shows up in itunes, click restore. This worked :)