iPad (iOS 6.02) connect to some wifi but not others

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mrcalabash, Jan 19, 2013.

1. mrcalabash, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013

mrcalabash macrumors member

My wife has a new ipad mini running 6.02. She also has an iphone--still running ios 5. Both AT&T.

On our home network's dual-band router, the ipad connects--without problem--to either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band. The iphone, of course, connects only to the 2.4ghz band.

And it has connected to public wifi, such as at a local coffee shop.

But at her workplace, the iphone connects to the wifi no problem, but the ipad is getting "cannot join" messages. (I don't have much technical info about the network, and she won't be able to fiddle with router settings.)

I've done a bit of research, and I see the fixes involve resetting network settings, or entering the network settings manually. She'll try that. I also have an old iphone (not connected to a cell network) that has the latest ios, 6.02. She'll take that with her to see if that's a problem.

Given that her iphone with 5 connects, but her ipad with 6 doesn't, does this point to it being an ios problem? Then why isn't there a problem at our home? We'll look for other networks to connect it to.

I'll call Apple. She won't have the time to do this at work, but any thoughts from here appreciated.

2. sers macrumors regular

Experienced the same thing last at the Orlando airport. My wife's ipad 3 on ios 5 connected to the airport wifi without any issues. My iphone 5 and ipad 4 on ios 6 wouldn't connect at all. Definitely an ios 6 problem and I hope apple fixes this soon with a software upgrade. Getting tired of the multitude of wifi issues on ios 6.