Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Terrified

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Apologies if there is a thread about this - couldn't find anything in this forum or the iPad forum.

Did anyone else find it unusual that there was nothing shown in terms of iOS 7 running on the iPad? I know Apple mentioned that the iPad Beta would come in the near future, but they showed no screen shots at all. The iOS 7 video (which I loved), also didn't show the iPad (except at the start, running iOS 6).

Although I'd consider it unlikely, I'm wondering if Apple perhaps has something up it's sleeve - maybe further features for the iPad that don't make sense on a smaller screen? I'm admittedly struggling to think of what this could be, outside of the usual suspects like widgets etc, but I just find it very curious that Apple hasn't even shown a single "here's what it'll look like" screen.

Of course, there's always the possibility that it's simply not ready yet...

Any thoughts?

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
Apologies if there is a thread about this - couldn't find anything in this forum or the iPad forum.

Did anyone else find it unusual that there was nothing shown in terms of iOS 7 running on the iPad? I know Apple mentioned that the iPad Beta would come in the near future, but they showed no screen shots at all. The iOS 7 video (which I loved), also didn't show the iPad (except at the start, running iOS 6).

Although I'd consider it unlikely, I'm wondering if Apple perhaps has something up it's sleeve - maybe further features for the iPad that don't make sense on a smaller screen? I'm admittedly struggling to think of what this could be, outside of the usual suspects like widgets etc, but I just find it very curious that Apple hasn't even shown a single "here's what it'll look like" screen.

Of course, there's always the possibility that it's simply not ready yet...

Any thoughts?

my vote...not ready yet.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
My vote, it's not even ready for a screen shot...... - take a look at the iOS 4 release schedule for the iPhone and the iPad....don't hold your breath if the iPad version doesn't come until winter...In the case of iOS 4, the "fall" of Apple did include 30 November.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
My vote, it's not even ready for a screen shot...... - take a look at the iOS 4 release schedule for the iPhone and the iPad....don't hold your breath if the iPad version doesn't come until winter...In the case of iOS 4, the "fall" of Apple did include 30 November.

Winter starts at the winter solstice, i.e. December 21/22, not when you say it does.

Terrified

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010

Yeah, I was trying to remember what happened with the original iPad. My memory was rusty - did they show it running 4 at the iOS preview? I can remember the keynote, the one where they talked about 7 tentpole features, but can't remember if they showed the iPad.

I kind of feel like mocking up screenshots would be pretty easy for them, even if it's just for marketing purposes. I find it a little odd that they haven't, although again, can't put my finger on the *why* yet.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
That's all there is atm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Winter starts at the winter solstice, i.e. December 21/22, not when you say it does.
In colloquial calendar terms, winter is often seen as December, January, and February.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009

Oh cultural difference here! :eek:

The traditional East Asian calendars divide a year into 24 solar terms (節氣). Lìdōng (pīnyīn) or Rittō (rōmaji) (Chinese and Japanese: 立冬; Korean: 입동; Vietnamese: Lập đông; literally: "start of winter") is the 19th solar term. It begins when the Sun reaches the celestial longitude of 225° and ends when it reaches the longitude of 240°. It more often refers in particular to the day when the Sun is exactly at the celestial longitude of 225°. In the Gregorian calendar, it usually begins around November 7 and ends around November 22.
Lidong signifies the beginning of winter in East Asian cultures.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
As someone who has an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini, i'm very interested in how iOS 7 turns out for my phone, but couldn't care less about how it is for my tablet. My tablet is 99% just a means to use apps and view content, with some browsing (which I don't use Safari for)

Style and aesthetics don't concern me, only performance and battery life.

Terrified

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
As someone who has an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini, i'm very interested in how iOS 7 turns out for my phone, but couldn't care less about how it is for my tablet. My tablet is 99% just a means to use apps and view content, with some browsing (which I don't use Safari for)

Style and aesthetics don't concern me, only performance and battery life.

That's a good point - I'm much the same with my iPad Mini. 90% of my time is spent in the browser there. I was just curious as to whether there may be something coming that might change that - again, I'm not sure what, and I doubt there will be, but I felt like it might be an interesting discussion if nothing else.

For example - I can't see it happening, but some kind of glance-able info (widget-esque) or 'home screen' situation, which permanently displayed *something* could work quite well on a larger screen. I'm interested if there's any further paradigms that maybe aren't being explored on the iPhone version of iOS 7, might be in the works for iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.