iPad iOS 8 UI bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by fillilutten, Dec 15, 2014.

1. fillilutten macrumors member

[​IMG]

As you might see when I push the AirPlay button the window for selecting output is cramped. I think it started to occur when going from iOS 7 to iOS 8. Now running 8.1.1.

Has anyone else got this problem or knows how to fix it?

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Looks the same on my iPad. Don't know about a fix.

3. fillilutten thread starter macrumors member

Well then I guess it's a bug ios 8 all over and not just my ipad. Strange to let something like that trough.

4. Narcaz macrumors 6502

Some bugs must have a really low priority at Apple. Even iOS 8.0 betas had it and i have reported it multiple times.

5. fillilutten thread starter macrumors member

Ah, strange. Especially when it seems like this would be such an easy thing to fix.

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

iPad iOS 8 UI bug

It doesn't seem so much a bug as it is a design oversight. As it is, AirPlay mirroring does work fine, just that a toggle switch is needlessly tucked away.

A few of my friends were wondering why they were not able to mirror their iPads to their screens, not realizing you had to scroll down a little and toggle the button on.

Still, it's embarrassing when you consider that Apple supposedly prides themselves on having considered such stuff.

7. fillilutten thread starter macrumors member

Coulndt agree more. Its a pitty and looks not just terrible but, as you stated, can really confuse a user.

8. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've reported this to Apple and my bug report got closed as a duplicate - so they know about it. This is one of the many things infuriating about iOS 8 as it was working fine under iOS 7 and, admittedly not an OS showstopper, it's a regression that shouldn't be there.

9. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

There are many design oversights on iPad iOS 8. I could create a very large list of inconsistencies. Its a shame.