iPad/iPad Mini/iPod Touch Prices

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krause734, Oct 3, 2012.

1. krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

With the iPad Mini rumors floating around, where do you see the price point for these iOS devices? Will an entry level 16GB iPad Mini possibly be the same price as a 32GB entry level iPT5 or will it start at $399? I was hoping for a 16GB iPT5 at $199, but now I will wait until this media event and the possible iPad Mini. Decisions, decisions...

iPT4 16 GB $199
    iPT5 32 GB $299
    iPT5 64 GB $399
    iPad Mini 16GB ???
    iPad Mini 32GB ???
    iPad Mini 64GB ???
    iPad 16GB $499
    iPad 32GB $599
    iPad 64GB $699

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

I'm willing to bet it will start at around $249 for the lowest tier model. It's got to compete with Amazon's and Google's offerings.

3. FutureBlake macrumors newbie

Yeah, I agree - and that seems to be the general consensus. Does this affect anyone's iPT 5th gen pre-order? I'm seriously thinking of canceling my pre-order to give me some time to see what price the iPad mini ends up coming out to be...

At this point, will the iPod Touch ship before the iPad mini is announced? Will we see the iPod Touch ship before Apple sends invitations for the iPad mini event?

4. donlab macrumors 6502

donlab

overlap but not cheaper than ipt5

I'll be surprised if we see a $200 or $250 ipad mini, :apple: doesn't compete on price.

Here's my prediction:

iPad Mini 16GB $299
    iPad Mini 32GB $399
    iPad Mini 32GB + 3G $429
    iPad Mini 64GB $499
    iPad Mini 64GB + 3G $529

5. dthree36 macrumors regular

I love the Idea of a smaller iPad but its still going to be a little to large for running with or exercising. The added screen size will be yet another niche for Apple to target yet another segment of users they don't already have. I purchased the iPod Touch 5th gen because my kids don't need an iPhone and will be better off with a device they can carry in a pocket with ease.

With the probability of over lapping price points, its still a different market share no matter how you analyze it.

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

as you know, new ipod touch starts $299. it's impossible that ipad mini will be sold from the same price because its built cost is much more than ipod touch. but if apple will sell it as $299, ipod touch sale will be hurt badly. I think that they do care about ipod touch sale. ipad mini won't have retina display, and couple of features which we can see new ipad (10 inch). it will be a big mess potentially. I don't see the reason that apple should make ipad mini. they will be just fine with 10 inch ipad. 7 inch market is already dominated by other adroid based companies anyway. apple can't affect on existed market. apple vision became terrible bad after Steve. recently, they even bought NFC technology from Australian company. I don't know why they couldn't invent their own. it's proven that apple can't invent anything about technology. the company will be very hard time soon.

7. dchao, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

dchao macrumors 6502a

IMO, the base model will start at $199, with contract. ;)

Maybe some functions will be locked down, so you can only buy from the iTunes store.

This explains why the iPad mini is going to be announced at the same time as the new iTunes 11

BTW: You've also omitted the iPad 2 at $399 from your table.