iPad/iPhone Absinthe Jailbreak Guide (step by step for the ones having problems)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMoo, May 25, 2012.

1. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

This is what to do:-

Right click the name of the iPad in iTunes and then click "Backup"
    This will backup all your data and saves and apps etc.

Then click on "restore" and choose new iPad.
    Do this instead of erase all settings, this will still erase everything and set up your iPad as new (don't worry you get your stuff back..just keep with it)

Then without touching your iPad right-click Absinthe exe and run as administrator if it creates another file then go into there and right-click and run as administrator.
    Click Jailbreak and let it go through it's process until it says complete.

Then lastly in iTunes press Shift+Right-click the ipad and choose restore. Choose restore from (and then the last backup) and not setup as new.

This should then restore all your ipad apps and everything you had before and you should also see the Cydia app added too.

Hope this has helped you guys and enjoy:)

2. sheeptwo macrumors newbie

Yeah, it didn't work for me at first. Then I read that you can try doing "restore" in iTunes. Which I did and it worked, but it took 4 hours for iTunes to download the iOS.

3. eurobum macrumors member

4. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

What's the benefit of restoring as a new iPad vs erasing all content?

5. iMoo thread starter macrumors regular

iMoo

Alot of users were having problems with the jailbreak and it failing when using the delete all settings way. This essentially does the same thing through iTunes and can resolve a lot of problems and allow the jailbreak to be successful.

Also some users found that they needed to run in administrator when using the absynthe exe.