iPad/iPhone dual chargers?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Senseotech, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

I'm looking for a night stand setup that will charge both my iPhone 4S and 3rd gen iPad. I like the look of the Griffin Powerdock Dual, but I'm not sure of compatibility with my iPad, especially with a thin back cover and smart cover. Does anyone have anything similar to this or even this specific one? Can anyone comment on any alternatives?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

4. Senseotech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Ordered and Prime'd, she'll be here tomorrow!!! I'll update this post with some pics and an in-depth writeup for anyone else coming to it later.

5. Senseotech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

New update on the matter. Got the XtremeMac InCharge Duo in today, and within 10 minutes of opening and using it, I've already determined it will be returned. The fit for a 3rd gen iPad with a Smart Cover is too tight to actually charge when the device is inserted normally. If I push hard, the iPad will begin charging, but the Smart Cover has slid up several millimeters at this point, sliding the metal magnet band all across my iPad in the process. I don't have my Smart Feather yet, but I can already tell that theres no way the 3rd gen iPad with Smart Cover and Smart Feather will come anywhere close to fitting.

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

If you remove the piece with the backrest you'll be able to charge the iPad with a back case and smart cover on.

7. Senseotech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

And leave my iPad supported solely by the dock connector? I think not, the $40 dock always loses to the $600 tablet.

8. Synomenon macrumors regular

I'm interested in the Griffin PowerDock Dual as well for my iPad 3 + iPhone 4S. The iPhone has a bumper style case and the iPad 3 has a TPU back cover + a Smart Cover.

I like the PowerDock Dual because the iPhone doesn't sit in front of the iPad which would block some of the iPad's screen.

Just need to know though if the iPad can fit on it w/ a back cover + Smart Cover.