iPad, iPod touch or iPhone for travelling

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jordanh6, Apr 21, 2011.

1. jordanh6 macrumors newbie

I am going on a trip to Australia for 8 months and am trying to decide what device I should bring. I will most likely be staying in hostels or living out of my car. I already have an older macbook, but am thinking of leaving it at home and buying either an iPad or iPod touch or iPhone for increased battery life as well as portability. Any opinions on which one is more useful for traveling?

I like the portability of the iPod touch or iPhone, but trying to do all of my emailing, photo uploading on the small screen might get annoying, hence the iPad option with decreased portability.

Thoughts?

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

If you are going to be living in shared living quarters you need to be concerned with security of your personal items.

Unless you can be with your iPad 24/7 (highly unlikely) or a secure locker I would not bring an easily stolen item.

The iPhone you can always have with you in your pocket.

3. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

I think the iPad would be best...
    Better to type on and edit your pictures easier.
    And keep it in your backpack and your set !
    Otterbox is set to release on the 2nd so... you'll be protected !

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Most, if not all, hostels have lockers nowadays. The only thing I would advise is for you to bring your own lock because they don't always provide them. Also some hostels will charge for them.

5. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Just get a man purse and carry it everywhere
    STM bags are sweet!