Ipad is available at MacMall

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vista.john, May 3, 2010.

1. vista.john macrumors regular

2. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

3. flyiguy macrumors newbie

New ship date of May 11th

Ordered yesterday afternoon (monday) from macmall, but first asked them if they were in stock. They said they would be in stock today (they were getting 500 3g/64) and would ship out tonight (free fedex 2 day). I just checked online (said backordered) and then called. They didn't receive the shipment that was on the way and the new ship date is 5/11. Disappointing to say the least. CS was nice, but points to Apple not sending what they were expecting. They don't send any emails when orders change so check online if were expecting anything and expect to wait, and I would guess past the 5/11 date.

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

It's think it may be BS.

I called yesterday when I saw this thread and got that answer. I passed because I expected this. Either they have it in stock or they try too string you along.

5. flyiguy macrumors newbie

Yes, you may be right. I don't know how they can project something a week out when 24 hours ago they were getting a shipment that didn't arrive. I'm wondering what happened with the OP's order.
    I told the CS that I may cancel if I can find it before they ship and the CS said they get the shipments before other stores because they have the "buying power". Now if only Macmall could merge that "buying power" with "receiving power" and "shipping power" we'll be all set.