iPad is not comfortable as is typing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Jun 4, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

This is just IMO is there some type of pillow or stand that works well when using from your lap?

I mean holding it and typing with one hand drives me nuts. When it's on my lap hard to see if your reclined on the couch.

Im looking for something hands free at a nice angle, pillows aren't working so well either.

BTW not bashing the device love the new toy! :)

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The apple smart cover works fine

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Actually, what I do is use the game board from my Scrabble game and put that across my lap. Then I can use my smart cover to prop it up a bit. Works great. It's like a miniature lap table. :D

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I just rest it on my legs. When I need to type, I push it up a bit with my thumbs, and hit the spacebar with my index fingers. Works well for me.

5. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

My solution.

I've been frustrated trying to type on the iPad while lounging on the sofa too, and here is the solution I've been using. It's like a little bean-bag that attaches to the back of the iPad and is called a WedgePad.

I've really enjoyed mine. I also like that I can leave the smart cover on and just slip the iPad into the straps when I want to use it. I did re-stuff it so it sat up straighter, but that's just a personal preference.

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Almost all the covers double as stand, with angles for viewing or typing. I felt like my iPad was nigh-unusable without one.

7. ikaveh macrumors regular

i think with the smart cover writing is very easy.